Connect the boards together as shown and double-check the correct orientation of each item.
- Connect a suitable 5V power source and ensure the boards are powered on by observing the green VIN light on the WiFi module.
- Using a laptop, tablet, or other computer with wireless networking capability, browse for available networks.
- You should find a network in the format “wx-123456”, which is the WiFi module. Connect to that network! Tip: If you do not see the network, refer to the P2 WX Adapter Add-on Board Product Guide
- Open a browser and visit the module web page: http://192.168.4.1
- Check the firmware version is v1.3 or greater. Tip: If your firmware is older, you can download the latest “.ota” firmware file from here and upload it at the module web page “Firmware” tab.
- At the Parallax WiFi module webpage, select the Settings menu and ensure both these settings are correct:
- Reset Pin = CTS (GPIO13)
- P2 Drag/Drop Loader = Enabled
- After making changes, click “Save to Flash”.
- At the Parallax WiFi module webpage, select the P2 Drag/Drop Loader menu which will appear on the left-hand menu after you Enabled it in step 7.
- You will see the Drag and Drop target area appear. Simply drop compiled P2 binary files into this area and the P2 will execute the file immediately. Tip: If your P2 board or module has a configuration DipSwitch, ensure switch no.4 (down-arrow) is OFF to allow this programming mode!