We’re Committed to the Highest Quality
Our goal is to produce the highest quality electronic product, with consideration to the newest manufacturing processes, the best material, and with a warranty we will gladly back at any time.
Manufacturing costs will never cause us to make hasty decisions and release a product that’s anywhere short of our highest production ability.
It’s common for us to service products that are over 20 years old.
Parallax Manufactures in the USA (Rocklin, California)
Since the beginning of Parallax we have taken the highest pride in our quality as an American manufacturer. The benefits of this are that we are able to quickly turn a prototype into production, that we consider our manufacturing capabilities from the onset of a design, that we can quickly fix a manufacturing problem and ship products quicker than ever. If we manufacture a product that doesn’t pass our test procedures – or worse yet passes yet fails under a condition for which we did not test – we can do another production run and ensure that our customers are working with current hardware. We don’t ship prototypes!
In some instances we source finished products from China. These products are fully tested by our partner SimplyTronics, the suppliers or in Rocklin, California.
Self Reliance Protects Against Global Market Manipulations
The ability of an American company to perform consistently in a global marketplace is only possible when the company manufactures its own products. We can’t control material costs consistently when politicians dictate trade policies. Market supplies are globally accessible and governmental manipulation of prices and tariffs is only cause for unnecessary expense to our customers and business in the form of price fluctuations and sourcing challenges. We can partially insulate against these policies by manufacturing our own product and holding ample raw materials.
Parallax Manufacturing Equipment
- Assembleon Opal-X II Pick-and-Place Machine – This pick-and-place machine places components on circuit boards faster than we can package and test them!
- ACE Protech Selective Solder Machine (KISS 102) – KISS stands for “Keep It Simple Soldering”. An automated selective soldering machine, used to replace the high labor cost of hand soldering in our manufacturing rooms. This machine delivers molten solder directly to through-hole applications with automated precision.
- Haas Super Mini Mill CNC Milling Machines – We have two full-size CNC milling machines in the production of steel and aluminum hardware for products. Many products we build on these machines may be more suitable for injection molding or metal stamping, but we really like the high-quality look, feel and finish of a milled and anodized aluminum part.
- Epilog 36EXT 75W Laser Engraver – This machine has inspired our staff to create interesting prototypes from acrylic, Delrin, or anything else we can easily cut in this 75W laser. Because it works like a printer and doesn’t require any CAM tools to make tool paths, anybody with a drawing and a dream can use this tool.
- Miller 350P MIG Welder – Provides in-house fabrication for tooling fixtures, custom machinery and some prototype work.
- SMT Solder Screen Printer – This is the first machine in our surface-mount assembly line. This machine uses a carefully-controlled squeegee to apply soldering paste to the top of a stencil with a PCB underneath.
- Heller 1707 EXL Reflow Oven – This reflow oven finalized our conversion to lead-free manufacturing (RoHS). The oven heats the paste added onto the boards by the SMT Solder Screen Printer which solders the parts to the board.
- DoAll Automatic NC Cutoff Bandsaw – We can load this machine up with 20’ bars of material and let it cut them into blanks on its own. Some of the aluminum bar stock cut by this saw is for motor mount and wheel kits and bearing blocks.
- Technical Devices Washer – Much like a home dishwasher, however, it uses a very specific blend of chemicals that clean flux off of the boards, because leftover residue can corrode the boards.
- Torit Donaldson 20-5 Cyclone Dust Collector – The Dust Collector sits outside of the Parallax Inc. facility. It behaves as a giant vacuum, keeping the work environment safe from pollution and the products tidy and clean.