Propeller 2 Multicore Microcontroller
Released November 2020
The “P2” Propeller P2X8C4M64P is a multicore microcontroller containing 8 identical 32-bit processors connected to a common hub.
The hub provides a shared RAM, a CORDIC math solver, and housekeeping facilities. Each of the 64 identical smart I/O pins are capable of many autonomous analog and digital functions.
The smart I/O pins are accessible by each processor to maximize application flexibility, and are externally powered at 3.3 V in blocks of four to maximize analog performance.
P2X8C4M64P Specifications Overview
Eight powerful 32-bit processors:
- Access to all I/O pins, plus four fast DAC output channels and four fast ADC input channels
- 512 longs of dual-port register RAM for code and fast variables
- 512 longs of dual-port lookup RAM for code, streamer lookup, and variables
- Ability to execute code directly from register RAM, lookup RAM, and hub RAM
- ~350 unique instructions for math, logic, timing, and control operations
- 2-clock execution for all math and logic instructions, including 16 x 16 multiply
- 6-clock custom-bytecode executor for interpreted languages
- Ability to stream hub RAM and/or lookup RAM to DACs and pins or HDMI modulator
- Ability to stream pins and/or ADCs to hub RAM
- Live colorspace conversion using a 3 x 3 matrix with 8-bit signed/unsigned coefficients
- Pixel blending instructions for 8:8:8:8 data
- 16 unique event trackers that can be polled and waited upon
- 3 prioritized interrupts that trigger on selectable events
- Hidden debug interrupt for single-stepping, breakpoint, and polling
Sign up for our newsletter to receive up to date information on Propeller 2!