The Propeller Activity Board WX features the 8-core Propeller microcontroller pre-wired to a host of popular peripherals for fast and fun experiments. Designed especially for STEM education, it’s a great tool for learning or teaching technology basics: electronics, programming, sensors, communication, computer science, engineering, and control systems.
Programming is well-supported with our visual BlocklyProp tutorials or text-based C-language tutorials. It’s also the board included on the ActivityBot 360° Robot.
The WX version of the Propeller Activity Board expands upon the functionality of the original (#32910). There’s more current for your projects with independent 1.8 amp 3.3 V and 5 V switching regulators, an upgrade from audio-out-only to a Mini TRRS audio/video (or audio/mic) jack, and selectable wireless socket/USB communication between host computer and the Propeller chip (RF module not included!)
- BlocklyProp graphical programming on Chromebook, Windows, or Mac
- Text-based C programming on Windows or Mac
- 8-core Propeller microcontroller & 64 KB EEPROM
- RF module socket with WiFi support — experiment with wireless communication and debugging
- microSD card holder — log sensor data or play WAV files
- Mini TRRS audio/video jack — listen to WAV files, synthesized speech, or output Propeller-generated video
- 3-pin headers — quickly connect servos, sensors, serial LCDs, etc.
- Breadboard — build and rebuild circuits without soldering
- A/D and D/A converters — read or set the voltages for battery monitoring or sensors
- Independent switching regulators — 3.3 V, 1.8 A and 5 V, 1.8 A
- Power via USB or power supply/battery pack — the choice is yours
- A bag of 10 3″ jumper wires and four protective rubber feet are included
Note: our 7.5 VDC, 1 Amp Power Supply is recommended, not included.
This product replaces the original Propeller Activity Board (#32910).
- Power requirements: 6 to 15 VDC from an external power supply, or 5 V from a USB port
- Communication: USB mini-B (onboard serial over USB) or wireless (RF module not included)
- Dimensions: 4.0 x 3.05 x 0.625 in (10.16 x 7.75 x 1.59 cm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
- 8-core Propeller P8X32A-Q44 microcontroller
- 1.8A, 3.3V/5V switching regulators
- 18 Propeller I/O available for prototyping
- 64 KB I2C EEPROM
- 5 MHz crystal oscillator
- microSD card slot
- Mini TRRS audio/video jack
- Wireless module socket with DO, DI, RTS, CTS access
- Breadboard with 34 5-socket rows
- 3-pin servo ports, jumper-select 5 V or VIN
- 12-bit 4-channel SPI ADC with 5 V reference
- 2-channel D/A, 0–3.3 V
- 3-position power switch
- Reset button
- 2.1 mm centar-positive power jack
- Auto-selects between USB or external power
- Built-in USB over-current protection