- Download 3621
- File Size 8.52 MB
- File Count 2
- Create Date September 11, 2020
- Last Updated January 28, 2021
Parallax FTDI USB Drivers for Windows
Parallax signed FTDI USB drivers for Windows. Always download and install the latest version (at the top of the list) unless we've instructed you to choose an older version. Note that the executable (.exe) will work for most users; however, the zip archive (.zip) contains the same file and is provided for networks that prevent executable (.exe) downloads. See version history at the bottom of this page. These drivers are required for any Board of Education USB, PropScope, and other USB-based Parallax hardware.
For the Mac FTDI USB Driver, click here.
Download Version & Details
Need help? Download the Troubleshooting Guide.
This installer supports command-line switches for advanced installation needs. Usage example with /Immediate switch:
C:> Install-Parallax-USB-Drivers-v2.12.16(r2).exe /Immediate
- /UpperLeft (or /ul) - Positions the installation window into the upper-left of the screen, instead of the centre. This is helpful when it is combined with another installer package to keep the embedded installer window from appearing behind the main installer's window.
- /Immediate (or /i) - This skips the first "confirmation" window and instead immediately displays the progress window and installs the driver. Also, upon successful install, the install success window is skipped and the app is simply terminated; or upon error, an error message and the install failure window appears.
- /Quiet (or /q) - This causes no window or dialogue to appear and the only indication of a final status is from the exit code.
Supports Windows 7/8/8.1/10. For other FTDI USB drivers see http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm. The installer is available as .exe and .zip archive.
NOTE: This release (r2) is exactly the same as the original v2.12.16 release but includes an enhanced digital signature that works on Win 7 and later without requiring any special Windows Updates first.
Fixes Included Since v2.10.00:
- Fixed problem with serial number string returned from D2XX API functions when serial number bit is not set in EEPROM.
- Removed error return for invalid arguments passed to FT_SetUSBParameters for backward compatibility.
- Support for FT900-series devices.
- Certification achieved for Windows 10.
- Fix for device strings problem on multi-channel devices.
- Fix for enumeration problem on some hub configurations.
- Fixed virtual COM port selective suspend problem.
- Support for FT4222.
Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1. (XP and Vista are supported but are not Microsoft Certified since Microsoft ended their certification support for those operating systems). For other FTDI USB drivers see http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm. Installer is available as .exe and .zip archive.
Fixes Included Since v2.08.24:
- Support for Selective Suspend
- Support for Windows 8/8.1
- Performance improvements on open and close port
- Fixed problem where COM port became unavailable after D2XX port access
- Fixed synchronization issue that could lead to data loss
- Fixed bug on close port for .NET Framework applications
- Fixed problem on close port that caused some hubs to fail
- Fixed bug that prevented remote wakeup for composite devices
- Fixed bug causing wrong number of bytes written to be reported after a timeout
- Fixed bug in VCP XON/XOFF flow control
- Fixed problem connecting multiple devices to EUSB adapter