Parallax speeds the process of Propeller 2 development through our partnership with MikroE, who has created a family of 850+ Clicks for most I/O functions you may envision. For each of the Click boards stocked by Parallax, you will find a documented Spin 2 code example on our Propeller GitHub Object Exchange. Connect your Click boards to the Propeller 2 Evaluation Board or P2-EC Edge Breakout Breadboard using the #64008 P2 to MikroBus Click Adapter.
RS485 click 3.3V is an RS422/485 transceiver Click board™, which can be used as an interface between the TTL level UART and the RS422/485 communication bus. It features a half-duplex communication capability, bus Idle, opens and short-circuit detection, glitch free power-up and power-down for hot-plugging applications, thermal shutdown, and more. It is well suited for transmitting data packets over long distances and noisy areas, using the twisted wire bus, which offers good electromagnetic interferences (EMI) immunity. ESD protection of the transceiver IC ensures reliable operation, exceeding 16kV for human body model (HBM).
Due to its robustness and reliability, the RS485 click 3.3V can be used in various applications that require reliable data transfer in various noisy environments, or over a substantial distance, when data rate transfer up to 1 Mbps is sufficient. RS485 3V3 click can be used for controlling various building automation systems, intelligent lighting systems (DMX), Point-of-Sale (POS) networks, and various other devices that need to establish a reliable communication over the RS422/485 bus.
- On-board SN75HVD12 RS-422/485 half-duplex, tri-state differential line driver and differential input line receiver from Texas Instruments
- High communication speed up to 1Mbps
- True failsafe protection, thermal shutdown, short circuit protection of the driver output
- Jumper-selectable termination resistor
- Jumper-selectable bus biasing
- Two 2-pole screw terminals for connecting RS422/485 bus twisted pair cable
- Interfacing a MCU UART module with a RS422/RS485 communication bus
- Controlling various building automation systems light
- Tethered device controller for noisy environments
- Type: RS485
- Interface: UART
- Max communication speed: 1 Mbsp
- Compatibility: mikroBUS
- Click board size: M (42.9 x 25.4 mm)
- Input Voltage: 3.3V
- Weight: 34g
For pinout diagram and datasheets see the manufacturer’s product page.