The Propeller 2 Eval Board Rev C is designed for experimentation and characterization of the Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller.
Multiple ground points, power supplies, and power enable & breakout headers are included for simpler testing and interfacing with standard test equipment. The PCB is organized to keep each subsystem clearly defined in groups, and spaced well apart, making room for test probes to be attached.
The eight I/O Pin Breakout Edge Headers accommodate the 2×6 pass-through headers on eight different accessory add-ons, for experimenting with HyperBus memory, audio, video, and more. See the Propeller 2 product family page for options.
See our Propeller 2 Documentation page and our Propeller Programming Tools Comparison Chart for more resources; you may also sign up for our P2 Newsletter here. See the Additional Resources tab below for additional resource links.
- Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller
- Adjustable operating frequency; recommended maximum 180 MHz clock
- 16 MB SPI Flash memory
- 64 Smart I/O pins brought out to edge headers, with 54 fully free
- Selectable boot mode
- Buffered LEDs on eight I/O pins
- Onboard 1.8 V 2-Amp switching regulator with short-circuit and over-current fault protection
- Onboard LDO 3.3V regulators for low noise analog experiments
- Power headers for current measurement and alternative voltage source injection
- Dual power inputs via micro-USB sockets; suitable for USB charger (not supplied) or host computer USB port connection
- Built-in FTDI to USB programming interface, with TX/RX activity indicator LED
- USB current limiter with short-circuit and over-current fault protection
- USB power active and USB fault LEDs
- MicroSD card socket (card not included)
What’s New for Rev C?
- Production-approved P2X8C4M64P
- P0–P15 and P32–P47 are trace-length matched for high-speed data experiments (such as HyperRAM).
- BOD (Brown Out Detection) is removed from the dip switch and instead, Propeller RESn is permanently connected to the 1.8V regulator PG (Power Good) signal, which will hold the P2 in reset if the regulator voltage drops below ~1.5V.
- USB RES is on the dip switch, which enables the user to disconnect the USB reset (DTR) signal from the Propeller RESn pin.
- The 5V pin which was next to P30 has been removed, and that pin is now unconnected.
- The 5V pin which was next to P62 has been replaced with a RESET input to the Propeller RESn.
- The unpopulated DTR/RESn pads which RevB had (near the SD socket) have been removed.
- Improvements to the USB power circuit to improve protection from edge-case faults.
- WX WiFi Compatible —The P56–P63 edge header works with the Parallax SIP WiFi module for wireless programming.
Rubber PCB feet are included. A USB A to microB cable (#805-00016) is required for programming, not included.
Propeller 2 Evaluation Board Key Specifications:
- Voltage input requirements: USB 5 VDC
- USB protection: current-limiter and short-circuit detection
- Flash Memory: 16 MB (128 Mb) on SPI
- Oscillator: 20 MHz SMT, for typical operation up to 180 MHz
- Smart GPIO: 64 accessible, 56 fully free
- Input Current limits:
- 400 mA from USB PC port
- 2000 mA from USB power supply
- VDD Power Supply: 1.8 V up to 2 A, 1200 kHz nominal switching frequency
- VIO Power Supplies: 3.3V LDOs up to 500 mA per 16 IOs.
- Programming: Serial over micro-USB
- Operating temperature: -13 to +185 °F (-25 to +85 °C)
- PCB Dimensions: 3.55” x 3.55” (90 x 90 cm)
Product guide, schematics, RoHS CE and UKCA Declarations of Conformity are available under the Downloads tab.