P2 Edge Module Breadboard Overview:
The Propeller 2 Edge Module Breadboard provides a convenient rapid prototyping solution for experimenting and developing with the P2 Edge Module (P2-EC). The board accepts the P2-EC in a vertical socket and includes a 2.1 mm DC jack socket, Prop Plug (#32201) programming socket, reset button and power switch with indicator LED. Multiple breakout headers, ground points and a large breadboard provide easy testing and interfacing with standard test equipment.
All of the P2 Edge I/O’s are available at 0.1” pin header sockets around a large breadboard. There are eight servo-style ports compatible with a range of Parallax servos and sensors, and eight P2 accessory headers, compatible with both single and dual header Propeller 2 accessories. This includes the P2 to MikroBUS Click Adapter, providing developers with connectivity to over 1,000 different Click modules for rapid development.
- Vertical socket for the Parallax P2 Edge Module (#P2-EC)
- Solder-free prototyping with breadboard and header sockets for power and I/O
- Center-positive 2.1 mm barrel jack for external 5VDC power supply
- Convenient reset button and 2-position power switch
- Power ON indicator LED
- All 64 Smart I/O pins brought out to 0.1” pin sockets and 2×6 way P2 accessory headers
- Eight 5V servo/sensor ports with series resistors for compatibility with the 3.3V P2 I/Os
- Dedicated Prop Plug (#32201) header, for system programming and debugging
- Combine Click modules, P2 Accessory Set and your project circuitry in a single system
- Prototype through-hole circuits with higher-density surface-mount requirements using expansion boards
P2 Edge Module Breadboard Specifications:
- Voltage input requirements: 5 VDC, absolute maximum 5.5 VDC
- Input Current: 100 mA minimum, 2000 mA typical
- Maximum according to customer application
- VIO Power Supplies: 3.3 V up to 300 mA per 8 I/O pins; requires Propeller 2 Edge Module
- Programming: Serial up to 2 MBaud; requires Parallax Prop Plug (#32201)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
- PCB Dimensions: 3.5 x 8 in (88.9 x 203.2 mm)
Product guide, schematics, and RoHS CE & UKCA Declarations of Conformity are available under the Downloads tab.