P2 microSD Add-on Board Overview
This adapter provides a convenient way to connect a microSD card to the Parallax Propeller P2 microcontroller, and optionally to any other microcontroller or breadboard project.
The adapter connects a microSD card to any P2 development board with a standard 2×6 way accessory header. Connecting this accessory to any P2 accessory header allows for general data read/write capabilities (such as data logging or reading program data). Connecting this accessory to the special P2 programming header (IO pins 56-63) would also allow booting from a firmware image stored on the microSD card.
Compatible development systems include the P2 Eval Board Rev C (#64000), and the P2 Edge Module Breadboard (#64020) or P2 Edge Mini Breakout Board (#64019) with a P2 Edge Module (#P2-EC).
The adapter also has seven 0.1” pitch through-hole pads which provide connection to all of the microSD card signals, and accept a standard vertical or right-angle pin header (not supplied) for connection to other microcontrollers or breadboards, such as for the Parallax FLiP try-it kit.
P2 microSD Add-on Board Features
- Connects a microSD card (not included) to the Propeller 2 Accessory Header
- Allows booting from a binary firmware file saved on the microSD card when connected to the P2 programming header (IOs 56-63)
- Connect to any 2×6 way accessory header for general data reading and writing
- Unpopulated pads allow access to all the microSD card power and control signals, handy for attaching logic probes, or connecting the adapter to a breadboard and/or other microcontroller
P2 microSD Add-on Board Specifications
- 2×6 female socket with 0.1” spacing compatible with the standard Parallax P2 Accessory sockets
- Unpopulated 7-pin SIP through-hole pads with 0.1” spacing for access to the microSD card signals: 3V3, DET, MISO, MOSI, CS, CLK and GND
- PCB Dimensions: 0.8 x 1.05 in (20.32 x 26.67 mm)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Product guide, schematics, RoHS CE and UKCA Declarations of Conformity are available under the Downloads tab.