P2 Eval HUB75 Adapter Board Overview:
The P2 Eval HUB75 Adapter Board provides a simple means to connect and drive a HUB75 RGB LED Matrix panel, or a small number of HUB75 Matrix panels daisy-chained together, from a Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller.
Parallax does not presently stock the HUB75 displays. You will need to buy a HUB75-enabled LED panel. Common varieties are HUB75 and HUB75E (the “E” means five address lines vs 3 or 4). Both types are supported by the P2 Eval HUB75 Adapter Board. The HUB75 RGB displays are characterized with pixel spacing (P1.25, P2, P3, P4, P5 up through P8) where P2 is 2mm x2mm and P3 is 3mm x 3mm, etc. Some users prefer the finer pitch P2, while others choose the pitch P8 for a larger physical size.
Search on AliExpress using the term “HUB75” and you will find many examples and some larger displays too.
Significant Propeller 2 objects, schematics, and additional information on this product is hosted on GitHub here. Be sure to stop by and buy Stephen Moraco a coffee, as he’s put tremendous effort into this product and drivers.
P2 Eval HUB75 Adapter Board Features:
- Provides 3.3V to 5V level shifting for all signals at the HUB75 Connector
- Supports HUB75 panels which use A-B-C, A-B-C-D and A-B-C-D-E Address lines
- Perfect for use with the ISP HUB75 Driver found in the P2 Object Exchange (OBEX)
- Compatible with Propeller 2 development boards with side-by side 2×6 accessory headers
P2 Eval HUB75 Adapter Board Applications:
- Scroll text messages
- Connect additional HUB75 panels to provide a large-format display
- Customize lighting colors, saturation and intensity
P2 Eval HUB75 Adapter Board Specifications:
- Voltage : +5 VDC (supplied by P2 Development Board)
- Maximum clock rate : 70 MHz (limited by the level shifter I/Cs)
- Form factor: dual 2×6-pin female pass-through headers with 0.1″ spacing
- PCB dimensions: 1.9 x 2.8 in (48 x 71 mm)