NOTE: Quantity of this board is limited to a single run; a maximum of 100 boards will be made available for purchase. The available quantity shown is placeholder inventory only, to limit the number of orders accepted while the board is being manufactured; it is not a guarantee that a board will be available for immediate shipment. If manufacturing yield is lower than anticipated and we cannot make 100 boards available to customers, orders will be filled on a first-come, first served basis. No ship date is guaranteed; however, the shipping method chosen at the time the order is placed will be used once the boards become available. No warranty, exchanges, or returns are available for this board.
The limited edition Propeller 2 ES Eval Board is designed for experimentation and characterization of the Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller engineering samples.
Multiple ground points, power supplies and power selection headers are included for simpler testing and interfacing with standard test equipment. The PCB is organized to keep each subsystem clearly defined in groups, and spaced well apart to allow for test probes to be attached.
See the Additional Resources tab below for links to the P2-ES Eval Board product guide, the Propeller 2 Datasheet, Propeller 2 Instruction Set, and a GitHub repository for community-sourced example code.
- Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller engineering sample with 20 MHz oscillator
- Adjustable operating frequency; recommended maximum 180 MHz clock
- 16 MB SPI Flash memory
- 64 Smart I/O pins brought out to edge headers, with 54 fully free
- Selectable boot mode and brown-out detection
- Buffered LEDs on eight I/O pins
- Onboard 1.8 V and 3.3 V 3-Amp switching regulators with short-circuit and over-current fault protection
- Switching regulator outputs adjustable for low voltage experiments
- Onboard LDO 3.3V regulators for low noise analog experiments
- Power headers for current measurement and alternative voltage source injection
- Dual power inputs via micro-USB sockets; suitable for USB charger (not supplied) or host computer USB port connection
- Built-in FTDI to USB programming interface, with TX and RX indicator LEDs
- USB current limiter with short-circuit and over-current fault protection
- USB power active and USB fault LEDs
- MicroSD card socket (card not included)
Rubber PCB feet are included. A USB A to microB cable is required for programming, not included.
- Voltage input requirements: USB 5 VDC
- USB protection: current-limiter and short-circuit detection
- Flash Memory: 16 MB (128 Mb) on SPI
- Oscillator: 20 MHz SMT, for typical operation up to 180 MHz
- Smart GPIO: 64 accessible, 56 fully free
- Input Current limits:
- 400 mA from USB PC port
- 2000 mA from USB power supply
- VDD Power Supply: 1.8 V up to 3 A, 1200 kHz nominal switching frequency
- VIO Power Supply: 3.3V up to 3A, 1200 kHz nominal switching frequency
- Programming: Serial over micro-USB
- Operating temperature: -13 to +185 °F (-25 to +85 °C)
- PCB Dimensions: 3.5” x 3.5” (89 x 89 mm)