The limited edition Propeller 2 ES Eval Board Rev B is designed for experimentation and characterization of the Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller engineering samples (2nd samples, Rev B silicon. No warranty, returns, or exchanges for this item!) Sign up for our P2 Newsletter here.
Multiple ground points, power supplies, and power enable & breakout headers are included for simpler testing and interfacing with standard test equipment. The PCB is organized to keep each subsystem clearly defined in groups, and spaced well apart, making room for test probes to be attached.
The eight I/O Pin Breakout Edge Headers accommodate the 2x6 pass-through headers on eight different accessory add-ons, for experimenting with HyperBus memory, audio, video, and more. See the Propeller 2 product family page for options.
The P2-ES Eval Rev B needs PNUT v33k or higher for programming, available from propeller.parallax.com. See the Additional Resources tab below for links to the P2-ES Eval Board product guide, the Propeller 2 Datasheet, Propeller 2 Instruction Set, and a GitHub repository for community-sourced example code.
- Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller engineering sample (Rev B silicon)
- 20 MHz crystal
- Adjustable operating frequency; recommended maximum 180 MHz clock
- Overclocking possible beyond 300 MHz
- 16 MB SPI Flash memory
- 64 Smart I/O pins brought out to edge headers, with 58 fully free
- Buffered LEDs on top eight I/O pins
- Onboard 1.8 V 2-Amp switching regulator with short-circuit and over-current fault protection for P2 VDD, and brownout detection connected to Propeller reset
- Onboard LDO 3.3 V regulators for P2 VIOs
- Power headers for current measurement and alternative voltage source injection
- Dual power inputs via micro-USB sockets; suitable for USB charger (not supplied) or host computer USB port connection
- Built-in FTDI to USB programming interface, with TX/RX activity indicator LED
- USB current limiters with short-circuit and over-current fault protection
- USB active and USB fault LEDs
- MicroSD card socket with power-cycle function when reset button is pressed
Rubber PCB feet are included. A USB A to microB cable is required for programming, not included.
- Voltage input requirements: USB 5 VDC, absolute maximum 5.5 VDC
- USB protection: current-limiter and short-circuit detection
- Propeller 2 chip: P2X8C4M64PES (8 cogs, 512 KB hub RAM, 64 smart pins)
- Non-volatile Memory: 16 MB (128 Mb) SPI Flash
- Crystal: 20 MHz SMT
- Smart I/O pins: 64 accessible, 58 fully free, grouped in 8 sets of 8 via headers
- Smart I/O pin supply voltage: 3.3 V
- Core supply voltage: 1.8 V
- Input Current limits:
- 500 mA from PC USB port
- 2000 mA from AUX USB port
- VDD Power Supply: 1.8 V up to 2 A, 1 MHz nominal switching frequency
- VIO Power Supplies: 3.3V up to 300 mA per 8 I/O pins
- Programming: Serial over micro-USB
- USB programming and serial data speed: User selectable up to 3 MBaud
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
- PCB Dimensions: 3.5” x 3.5” (89 x 89 cm)