Meet the Arlo Complete!
The Arlo Complete Robot System is a great choice when you need to build a land-based robot platform that can support complex guided or autonomous missions. No need to cobble together random parts—all of the mechanical and electronic components are included, as well as interconnecting wires, hardware, and even the 12 V batteries and charger. Although this kit is designed to use with the controller of your choice, we've added a free sample Propeller Activity Board WX and programming cable to make it truly complete.
Do you already have a small Parallax robot that aspires to greater things? Take the control board off of your Propeller ActivityBot (#32500), your BASIC Stamp Boe-Bot (#28832), or your Shield-Bot with Arduino Uno (#32335), and mount it on the Arlo platform to make its dreams come true. Our Arlo Tutorials support all three options to help you get started, using familiar programming.
- Thick and sturdy HDPE top and bottom plates can be sawn or machined for easy customization
- Precision-machined aluminum motor mounts and wheels provide smooth, reliable operation
- 12 V motors, inflatable tires and wheel encoders provide fast yet precise travel indoors our outside on paved surfaces
- DHB-10 motor controller handles encoder input and accepts PWM and serial commands
- Power Distribution Board with multiple voltage output options support your custom add-ons
- Four Ping))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensors detect objects from every side
Note: Soldering and mechanical assembly required! See the online Arlo Robot Assembly Guide.
Note: UPS shipping only. Contains non-spillable sealed lead-acid batteries. Kit weight is 41 lbs; shipping carton is 22x22x8 inches. Additional shipping charges not reflected in the Shopping Cart may apply, especially for international orders. Contact email@example.com for details and shipping quote confirmation.
Note: As of May 2017 this product is no longer shipped in a pinewood crate, as they are no longer available.
- Voltage requirements: 12 VDC (battery included)
- Current requirements: 1.5 to 3 amps, depending on terrain
- Communication (with motor controller): Serial, 19200 baud default, or PWM
- Dimensions, assembled: ~ 10 inches tall x18 inches in diameter
- Operating temp range: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
- (1) Arlo Base Kit (#28960)
- (2) Caster Wheel Kit, Rev B (#28961)
- (1) Motor Mount and Wheel Kit - Aluminum (#28962)
- (1) Arlo Top Deck Kit (#28965)
- (1) Arlo Power Distribution Board (#28996)
- (1) Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912)
- (1) USB A to Mini B Cable (#805-00006)
- (1) Hardware Pack Arlo Full Kit (#570-28966)
- (1) Arlo Battery Charger - 2.5mm (#700-00240) - or 2.1mm (#700-00245)*
- (1) Dual H-Bridge Motor Controller (#28231) with Prop Plug (#32201)
- (4) Ping))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor+ Protector Stand (#910-28015B)
- (2) 12 Volt, 7.2Ah, Sealed Lead Acid Battery (#752-00007)
- (1) DVM810 Multimeter (#700-10026)
- (1) 3M Safety Eyewear (#700-10003)
*Beginning May 2016, the Power Distribution Board Kits transitioned from using a 2.5 mm jack to a 2.1 mm jack. Your kit will contain a compatible charger.)
Note: This product is the evolution of, and replacement for, our previous larger-format robot platforms: Madeusa (#28970) and Eddie (#28990 & #28992).
Arlo Complete Package Insert - 1.05 MB | updated: 21 Mar 2018 - 11:37 am
DHB-10 Motor Controller Product Guide - 256.29 KB | updated: 26 Apr 2016 - 1:02 pm
Arlo + BASIC Stamp Board of Education Example Code - 9.94 KB | updated: 21 Apr 2016 - 3:22 pm
Arlo + BOE Shield Arduino Library & Example Code - 15.73 KB | updated: 21 Apr 2016 - 1:30 pm
Arlo + Propeller Activity Board C Library and Example Code - 44.39 KB | updated: 26 May 2016 - 12:38 pm
DHB-10 Motor Controller Firmware Guide - 128.2 KB | updated: 21 Apr 2016 - 10:14 am
DHB-10 Motor Controller Firmware - 36.35 KB | updated: 21 Apr 2016 - 10:06 am