Parallax has designed a USB to Serial (RS-232) adapter that is compact and economical to provide a Virtual Com Port for all of our products that have a DB9 (9-pin) serial connector.
Updated FTDI USB drivers for Windows are included in the latest versions of the BASIC Stamp Editor, Propeller Tool, and SX-Key IDE software packages. You may also download the Windows drivers separately from our site, or drivers for other operating systems directly from FTDI (see the Downloads section below).
- USB Version 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Connects to your computer with a USB A to Mini-B cable (not included)
- DB9 male socket to connect to your board's serial programming and debugging port
- FTDI Drivers for most Windows PC operating systems are included with Parallax programming environment software (see Downloads)
- Drivers for different operating systems are available from FTDI chip (see Additional Resources)
- Power requirements: Regulated 5 V from USB port or powered hub.
- Communication: Full speed USB, full duplex serial from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud.
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.2 x 0.5 in (51 x 16 x 12 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Easy to Use:
- Install one of these Parallax programming environments (BASIC Stamp Editor, Propeller Tool, SX-Key IDE).
- Or, download the USB drivers separately from the Downloads link
- Connect the USB to Serial Adapter to your PC with a USB A to Mini B cable
- A message from your system tray will say your hardware is installed and ready to use (Windows)
- Connect the adapter to your device's DB9 connector