The Parallax USB to Serial (RS-232) adapter provides a Virtual Com Port for devices that have a DB9 (9-pin) serial female socket and need to connect to a computer’s USB port. Compact and economical, this adapter utilizes the FTDI FT231X chip.
Updated FTDI USB drivers for Windows are included in the latest versions of the BASIC Stamp Editor, Propeller Tool, and SX-Key IDE software packages. You may also download the Windows drivers separately from our site, or drivers for other operating systems directly from FTDI (see the Downloads section below).
- USB Version 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Connects to your computer with a USB A to Mini-B cable (not included)
- DB9 male socket to connect to your board’s serial programming and debugging port
- FTDI Drivers are included in most operating systems and Parallax programming software
- Drivers for different operating systems are available from FTDI
- Power requirements: Regulated 5 V from USB port or powered hub.
- Communication: Full speed USB, full duplex serial from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.2 x 0.5 in (51 x 16 x 12 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
- PCB assembled, tested, and completed in Rocklin, California
Easy to Use:
- Install one of these Parallax programming environments (BASIC Stamp Editor, Propeller Tool, SX-Key IDE).
- Or, download the USB drivers separately from the Downloads link
- Connect the USB to Serial Adapter to your PC with a USB A to Mini B cable
- A message from your system tray will say your hardware is installed and ready to use (Windows)
- Connect the adapter to your device’s DB9 connector