The Prop Plug provides a USB-to-serial port connection that is convenient for microcontroller programming and communication. This tiny device is capable of asynchronous communication at up to a 3 M baud with both 3.3-volt and 5.0-volt devices such as the Propeller 1, Propeller 2, and BASIC Stamp microcontrollers. The Prop Plug slips onto a 4-pin, 0.1″ spaced header, allowing both printed circuit boards and breadboards to provide in-circuit programming capability.
Prop Plug Revision Notice:
Units shipped starting 1/28/2021 are Rev E. This latest revision of Prop Plug adds pin labeling to both sides of the board, uses 2-sided LEDs which are visible from both sides of the board, and introduces buffered inputs and outputs to improve isolation between the Prop Plug and target board when either is powered down.
Prop Plug Key Features:
- USB to serial port conversion
- Capable of asynchronous communication up to 3 M baud
- Customer-configurable reset behavior options — new for Rev E
- Compatible with 3.3 and 5 V microcontrollers
- Connects to a 4-pin, 0.1″ spaced header
- USB A to micro B cable required, not included
- PCB assembled, tested, and completed in Rocklin, California