Learn Electronics, Programming, and Robotics all at once!
Build your own rolling robot with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller brain! Just follow the clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations with the included book, Robotics with the Boe-Bot. Great for high schools, colleges, hobbyists, it is also a good choice for the BSA Robotics Merit Badge. To see what teachers are saying about the Boe-Bot robot in their classrooms, click here.
Here is what you will do:
- Write programs in easy-to-learn PBASIC on your computer
- Build simple circuits from pictures and schematics
- Download PBASIC programs into the BASIC Stamp to control the circuits
- Assemble your Boe-Bot hardware—screwdriver is included
- Learn to drive the Boe-Bot with simple motion programs
- Add sensor circuits and program the Boe-Bot to navigate on its own
Here’s what your Boe-Bot will do:
- Navigate by the program commands you give it
- Report sensor status to you with light and sound
- Escape corners by touch using whisker contact sensors
- Steer by sensing light to find the brightest or darkest place
- Detect and avoid obstacles with infrared sensors
- Detect distance to follow your hand or another robot
Adaptable and Expandable
Once you have mastered the basics, you can teach the Boe-Bot robot new tricks with a wide variety of accessory kits.
Just click on a product, and find for all the necessary software and example code downloads, as well as links to additional projects.