This December we are planning our winter and spring on-line events. We’re considering a series of 20 unique one-hour educational open meetings where Parallax or a guest presenter shares a topic. If you have the hardware on hand, you may also run our code examples while we share them. The style of the workshops is prepared yet informal.
We’d like your input on topics! Some of the topics we’ve bounced around include:
– Advanced Python scripting with the cyber:bot and micro:bit v2.0
– Troubleshooting circuits/code and basic electronics
– In-progress reports of our collaboration with CYBER.ORG on a June kit release
– Which robot language/platform to use in your classroom (Python, PBASIC, Arduino C, BlocklyProp/C)
– Autonomous robot competitions in class using vision, Grippers, or Line Followers
– Projects and applications with BlocklyProp and the Propeller 1
– University use of the Propeller 2
These workshops are in addition to the Propeller 2 Live Forums, which occur every Wednesday. In January, we will also open three Professional Development distance-learning workshops for educators (500 educators maximum) with the Shield-Bot for Arduino, cyber:bot, and ActivityBot 360. There is no cost for these workshops and educators will receive a robot from Parallax upon their acceptance into the program.