This kit transforms your original BASIC Stamp SumoBot robot into the Propeller FLiP powered SumoBot WX.
The SumoBot WX robot with the FLiP Multicore Microcontroller combines what we love about robotics: the easy-to-use BlocklyProp visual programming language, a robot that autonomously battle for dominance in a Sumo ring, and experiential learning throughout the tutorials — one wheel revolution at a time.
Expansion capabilities new to the SumoBot WX include sockets for wireless programming with the ESP8266 WX WiFi DIP Module), for a Memsic 2125 2-axis accelerometer, and for the Ping))) or LaserPING distance sensor, all sold separately. There’s plenty of sensing in the kit already, expanded to 4 sets of IR receivers and QTIs, to keep most programmers occupied for a long time!
- SumoBot WX board with socket for the incuded Propeller FLiP module
- New molded tires that stay firmly seated on the SumoBot wheels
- Programmable with visual BlocklyProp via a free online editor
- 4AA battery pack with barrel plug for easy connect/disconnect
Note: 4 AA batteries required, not included. Rechargeable high-capacity Ni-MH batteries are strongly recommended for the best performance and longest run-time (+2 hours vs 30 mins for alkalines).
The SumoBot WX Upgrade Kit contains the following items, to upgrade ONE original BASIC Stamp SumoBot to ONE SumoBot WX. You will need to re-use your original SumoBot chassis, front scoop, servos, wheels, QTI sensors, and hardware.
Disassemble your old SumoBot, save the hardware, and follow the directions here to Build your SumoBot WX.
- (1) SumoBot WX board (#32134)
- (1) Propeller FLiP microcontroller module (#32123)
- (1) USB A to microB cable (#805-00006)
- (1) 4AA Battery Holder with plug (#700-00038)
- (2) Molded Tires for robot wheels (#721-00022)
- (4) screws, 1/2-inch, 4-40 (#710-00006)
- (2) screws, 1-inch, 4-40 (#710-00002)
- (2) threaded standoffs, 1 1/4-inch, 4-40 (#713-00002)
- (4) aluminum spacers, 5/8-inch (#713-00000)
- (10) locknuts, 4-40 (#700-00024)
- (1) screwdriver (#700-00064)
- (1) combination wrench (#700-10025)
- (2) Nylon screws, flat-head, 1/2-inch, 4-40 (#710-00046)
- (8) Nylon spacers, 1/8-inch (#713-00019)
- (6) Nylon spacers, 1/16-inch (#700-00015)
- (2) Nylon nuts, 4-40 (#700-00036)
- (2) Red LEDs (#350-00006)
- (4) Infrared LEDs (#350-00003)
- (4) Infrared Receivers (#350-00039)
- (4) LED Shields (#350-90005)
- (4) LED Shield Bases (#350-90004)
- (2) QTI sensors (#555-27401)
- (2) 3-wire Extension Cables, 8″ (#800-00080)