Parallax’s Propeller 2 Live Forum contributor JonnyMac ran a series of Zoom meetings to introduce beginners and intermediate programmers to the Propeller 2 through examples with the P2 Live Forum Holiday Spin2 Kit. If you want to follow along with the videos hands-on then we recommend the Propeller 2 Developer Starter Bundle. Together, we will use Spin2 objects to control the different pieces of the P2 Live Forum Holiday Spin2 Kit, which consists of the following:
- NOYITO 1602 16×2 LCD Module Shield Yellow-Green Backlight
- Rextin WS2811 Pixels Digital Addressable LED String Lights Waterproof RGB Full Color 12mm DC 5V (DC5V 50pcs)
- Cylewet KY-040 Rotary Encoder Module with 15×16.5 mm with Knob Cap
- HiLetgo DS3231 AT24C32 Clock Module Real Time Clock Module IIC RTC Module
- Eiechip 18B20 DS18B20 TO-92 3 Pins Wire Digital Thermometer Temperature IC Sensor
- CR2032 Battery
These parts are also available on Amazon.com with Prime shipping, yet the package sizes are not convenient (often 10-packs). Based on the success of the P2 Live Forum Holiday Spin2 Kit and the Spin2 objects created from the event, we may stock these items individually in the future.
For more support for this kit, follow the forum thread here.