Parallax speeds the process of Propeller 2 development through our partnership with MikroE, who has created a family of 850+ Clicks for most I/O functions you may envision. For each of the Click boards stocked by Parallax, you will find a documented Spin 2 code example on our Propeller GitHub Object Exchange. Connect your Click boards to the Propeller 2 Evaluation Board or P2-EC Edge Breakout Breadboard using the #64008 P2 to MikroBus Click Adapter.
The LIS3DH is a high performance, ultra-low power, three-axis linear accelerometer. It features user-selectable scales up to 16g, an embedded temperature sensor, 10-bit ADC and a standard digital I2C/SPI serial interface.
Parallax Inc. places the LIS3DH on a compact 20×21 mm PCB with an 8-pin straight header. The I/O connections operate at the same voltage supplied to the VIN pin for compatibility with both 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers. The Parallax module includes a low-noise 2.5 V regulator which matches the LIS3DH factory calibration voltage for the highest possible accuracy.
This LS3DH module is supported by the latest Propeller C libraries as well as dedicated BlocklyProp Solo blocks for easy visual programming.
- Factory calibrated with 2.5 V low-noise regulator
- User-selectable full scales of 2 g, 4 g, 8 g, 16 g
- Hardware supports I2C, SPI 3-wire, & SPI 4-wire interfaces
- Over-voltage, reverse polarity, and signal contention protection of all signal pins
- VIN / GND reverse polarity protection
- Compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- Breadboard-friendly 8-pin header, plus 2 mounting holes
- Motion activated functions
- Free-fall detection
- Intelligent power saving for handheld devices
- Gaming and virtual reality input devices
- Impact recognition and logging
- Vibration monitoring and compensation
- Power requirements: +3 VDC to +5 VDC; maximum 1 mA
- Operating modes: High-resolution, normal mode or low-power
- Typical current consumption at VIN = 3.3 VDC, 50 Hz Output Data Rate (ODR): 761 µA
- Measurement ranges: ±2 g, ± 4 g, ±8 g, ±16 g
- Measurement sensitivity: 1 to 192 mg/digit, depending on selected mode
- Zero-g level offset accuracy: ±40mg
- Zero-g level change vs temperature: ±0.5° mg/C
- Temperature: range -40 to +85 °C; sensitivity 0.01%/°C, typical 8-bit resolution 1 digit/°C
- 32-level FIFO for each of the three output channels: X, Y, and Z
- Communication: I2C (100 or 400 kHz) or SPI (3 and 4 wire, up to 10 MHz)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C),
- Form factor: 8-pin male header with 0.1″ spacing
- PCB dimensions: 20 x 21 mm
- Mounting holes: Two holes suitable for #3 UNC (M2.5) hardware
- PCB assembled, tested, and completed in Rocklin, California