The cyber:bot printed circuit board (PCB) provides the connection between the BBC micro:bit module and the cyber:bot chassis. A user-transparent onboard Propeller Multicore Microcontroller assists the micro:bit, handling the real-time servo motor control and sensors built on the breadboard. This enables more robust robotic applications that go beyond what the micro:bit can do on its own.
This board is available individually as a replacement item for the cyber:bot robot. The micro:bit module and the Extra Hardware for cyber:bot board, which is the nuts and screws needed to mount the boards together, are not included. For micro:bit breadboard activities, consider the Edge I/O adapter for micro:bit instead.
To get started, purchase the cyber:bot robot kit (#32700).
The cyber:bot is a joint project of Parallax Inc. and CYBER.ORG, the academic initiative of the Cyber Innovation Center.
- Securely holds the micro:bit module with clear access to its LED display and buttons
- Propeller multicore microcontroller pre-programmed with cyber:bot firmware manages sensors and servo motor control
- Breadboard ready for DIY sensor circuit-building
- 3-pin servo motor and accessory ports with 5V and VIN access
- Plated, grounded mounting holes for installing on the Parallax small robot chassis
This board is available individually as a replacement item for the cyber:bot robot. The micro:bit module and the nuts and screws needed to mount the boards together are not included, sold separately.