The cyber:bot printed circuit board (PCB) provides the connection between the BBC micro:bit module and the cyber:bot chassis. A user-transparent onboard Propeller Multicore Microcontroller assists the micro:bit, handling the real-time servo motor control and sensors built on the breadboard. This enables more robust robotic applications that go beyond what the micro:bit can do on its own.
This board is available individually as a replacement item for the cyber:bot robot. The micro:bit module and the nuts and screws needed to mount the boards together are not included.
To get started, purchase the cyber:bot robot kit (#32700).
The cyber:bot is a joint project of Parallax Inc. and NICERC, the National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center.
- Securely holds the micro:bit module with clear access to its LED display and buttons
- Propeller multicore microcontroller pre-programmed with cyber:bot firmware manages sensors and servo motor control
- Breadboard ready for DIY sensor circuit-building
- 3-pin servo motor and accessory ports with 5V and VIN access
- Plated, grounded mounting holes for installing on the Parallax small robot chassis
This board is available individually as a replacement item for the cyber:bot robot. The micro:bit module and the nuts and screws needed to mount the boards together are not included, sold separately.
- Processor: 8-core Propeller P8X32A
- Communication: I2C bus with micro:bit module
- Power: 6-24 VDC max, 6-15 VDC recommended, via 2.1mm center-positive barrel jack
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
- PCB Dimensions: 4.0 x 3.05 x 0.625 in (10.16 x 7.75 x 1.59 cm)
Webinar: Getting Started with Python, Micro:bit, cyber:bot - 10.84 MB | updated: 15 Jan 2020 - 10:04 am
Scope & sequence for cyber:bot robot with micro:bit - 90.87 KB | updated: 07 Oct 2019 - 4:50 pm
cyberbot library (Python) - 425.06 KB | updated: 03 Apr 2019 - 1:38 pm
cyber:bot Board Product Guide - 585.44 KB | updated: 28 Feb 2019 - 2:02 pm
Webinar - cyber:bot for micro:bit Preview - 6.1 MB | updated: 24 Jan 2019 - 4:49 pm