The Propeller FLiP microcontroller module is compact, convenient, and designed with students in mind.
With the Propeller FLiP module, students can learn circuit-building and programming with visual BlocklyProp Solo. Makers can tuck it one into their projects, also using BlocklyProp to get up and running quickly. Design engineers can embed Propeller FLiP modules into production hardware, using the Propeller programming language of their choice.
The breadboard-friendly Propeller FLiP microcontroller module packs a lot of features into a small, easy-to-use form-factor. With on-board USB for both communication and power, lots of on-board LEDs, a high-performance 3.3V switching regulator, USB and reverse-polarity protection, and informative, easy-to-read labelling, the Propeller FLiP module will quickly become your go-to microcontroller for all of your inventions!
BlocklyProp’s ease of use combined with pin information printed right on top of the module makes learning fun and prototyping incredibly fast. The Propeller FLiP has roughly the same pin-out as previous 40-pin DIP Propeller modules. This design provides improved damage-minimization if inserted in reverse. When coupled with exceptional power management, the FLiP is a robust module ideally suited for classrooms, projects and finished products alike.
- 8-core Propeller microcontroller system with 64KB EEPROM and 5 MHz oscillator
- Fully assembled 40-pin DIP package, NO soldering required!
- USB micro-B connector for power, programming, and communication
- Two built-in, user-programmable LEDs peek through vias in the PCB
- Additional LEDs indicate power, TX/RX communication, and over-current fault
- Tiny edge-mounted reset button lets you restart the Propeller without disconnecting
- White blocks by power pins and special-function pins can be color-coded with markers to support student success
- Supported by the BlocklyProp Solo online programming tool
- Fully open source with free BlocklyProp, C, Spin, and assembly language programming tools
- Support for Chromebook, Windows, and Mac operating systems
See specifications on the Details tab
- USB A to Micro B cable required, not included.
- The Propeller FLiP Microcontroller Module replaces the PropStick USB (#32210).
- Microcontroller: 8-core Propeller P8X32A-Q44
- EEPROM: 64 KB on I2C
- Oscillator: 5 MHz SMT
- Form factor: 40-pin DIP with 0.1" pin spacing
- GPIO: 32 accessible, 26 fully free
- P26 & P27: user-programmable LEDs
- P28 & P29: I2C bus with EEPROM
- P30 & P31: Propeller programming
- Power Input: 5V via USB, or 5–9 VDC via VIN pin
- USB protection: USB limiter and fault loop circuit.
- 3.3 V protection:
- switching supply short circuit and over-current protection
- reverse-current protection on 3.3 V output pin
- Current Limits
- 400 mA from USB port, via 3.3V▷, 5V▷, and I/O pins
- 1500 mA from USB supply, via 3.3V▷, 5V▷, and I/O pins
- 1800 mA from ▷5-9V pin, via 3.3V▷ and I/O pins
- Communication: Serial over micro USB
- Operating temperature: -4 to +185 °F (-20 to +85 °C)
- PCB Dimensions: ~ 2.0 x 0.7 in (51 x 18 mm)
Propeller FLiP Module DipTrace Files - 588.44 KB | updated: 05 May 2017 - 3:45 pm
Propeller FLiP Module Product Guide - 574.22 KB | updated: 05 May 2017 - 11:07 am
Propeller C Learn Folder - 10.07 MB | updated: 02 Mar 2020 - 5:24 pm
BlocklyProp Solo, Launcher, and FAQ for Schools - 130.13 KB | updated: 30 Jan 2020 - 5:07 pm
SimpleIDE Software for Mac (Propeller C) - 71.8 MB | updated: 30 Jan 2017 - 3:10 pm
SimpleIDE Software for Windows (Propeller C) - 78.99 MB | updated: 24 May 2018 - 7:51 am