The RFID Reader Module USB can be used in a wide variety of hobbyist and commercial applications, including access control, automatic identification, navigation, inventory tracking and payment systems. Comaptible transponder tags come in different packages and so read range may vary with tag type, typically 2-4 inches, + or – 10%.
See our RFID Module & Tag Compatibility Chart here.
- Low-cost method for reading passive RFID EM4100 family transponder tags
- 2400 baud serial interface through USB virtual COM port
- Enable input allows module to be enabled/disabled by software
- Bi-color LED for visual indication of status
- Easy USB connection to PC
- Powered by USB (no external power required)
- Access Control
- Inventory Control
- No tags are included with the RFID Reader Module USB.
- Note: A USB-A to Mini-B cable is required for connection to the PC.
- Reads 125 kHz Tags, EM41000 Family
- Power requirements: 5 VDC (powered by USB port)
- Communication: 2400 bps serial through virtual COM port
- Dimensions: 2.45″ W x 3.25″ H (62.2mm W x 82.5mm)
- Operating temp range: +32°F to +158°F (0°C to +70°C)
Compatible with the following tags: