Please Note: Units shipped starting 4/29/2020 are Rev D. This revision has a USB A to Micro B port (no longer Mini B), and FTDI FT231X chip. A USB A to micro B cable is required, not included.
The Prop Plug provides a USB-to-serial port connection that is convenient for microcontroller programming and communication. This tiny device is capable of asynchronous communication at up to a 3 M baud with both 3.3-volt and 5.0-volt devices such as the Propeller and BASIC Stamp microcontrollers. The Prop Plug slips onto a 4-pin, 0.1″ spaced header, allowing both printed circuit boards and breadboards to provide in-circuit programming capability.
- Voltage requirements: 5 VDC (supplied by USB port)
- Current requirements: ~15mA (typical)
- Communication: asynchronous serial @ up to 3Mbps
- Connection: USB microB; 4-pin female SIP socket with 0.1″ spacing
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)