The Moisture Sensor Probe is a fork-like physical package that easily inserts into soil or other soft, non-corrosive media. This sensor uses conductivity to detect the amount of moisture between the probes. The likely use of this sensor is in potted plants, micro-farming research and with some non-soil environments.
The single analog output may be directly connected to the Propeller Activity Board 4-channel A/D converter or easily interfaced with the MCP3002 A/D with a FLiP Multicore Microcontroller.
The quickest way to connect these to your microcontroller is using the Parallax 3-pin cables, available in a set or as individual lengths.
- 1.5 inch detection depth reaches below the top layer of media
- 2 to 5 volt analog output is easy to read by many controllers or A/D converters
- 9 inch (22 cm) 3-pin female-female extension cable included
- Flower and plant soil moisture measurement
- Automatic watering system — combine with the Mini Liquid Level Sensor for a watering system
- Non-soil applications are possible with sponges, damp paper towels and other materials
- Detection depth: 1.5 in (38 mm)
- Power: 2.0 V to 5.0 V
- Dimensions: 0.8 x 2.0 in (20 x 51 mm)
- Mounting holes size: 0.8 in (2.0 mm)