The BASIC Stamp 2p24 serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2p24’s tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2p24-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130). For lower-cost OEM solutions, the processor (PBASIC2p24 interpreter) and other components are available for integration into your PCB.
The BS2p24-IC is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2 and would like more speed, more variable space, more program space, or built-in support for character LCDs and the I2C and 1-Wire protocols; for example, LCDIN / LCDOUT, I2CIN / I2COUT, OWIN / OWOUT and POLLIN / POLLOUT / POLLMODE / POLLRUN / POLLWAIT. For customers that require a more powerful, multi-processing microcontroller, we recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Small form factor requires very little space
- Non-volitile memory holds up to 4,000 instructions even without power
- PBASIC commands are easy to learn and remember
- PCB assembled, programmed, tested, and completed in Rocklin, California, USA
- Processor Speed: 20 MHz Turbo; ~12,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- PBASIC Commands: 61
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/O, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 x 2 KBytes; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions
- Voltage requirements: 5.5 to 12 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Current requirements: 40 mA Run, 350 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 x 0.63 x 0.15 in (30.0 x 16.0 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating temp range: -13 to +185 °F (-25 to +85 °C)