Build your own BASIC Stamp 2 with this surface mount (SSOP) interpreter chip and other standard parts. All the control and ease of programming that you have grown to appreciate in the BASIC Stamp 2 module (#BS2-IC) is available with this chip and a few other components. Recommended for high volume applications or those with limited PCB real estate, the BASIC Stamp 2 interpreter chip can be used on your own PCB as an OEM solution.
The three main components needed to build your own BASIC Stamp 2 are: 1) this PBASIC Interpreter Chip, 2) an EEPROM, 3) and a resonator; see Related Products.
We also offer the interpreter chip in a through-hole package (#PBASIC2/P).
- Small footprint for OEM PCB design
- Completed circuit is programmed in PBASIC 2.0 and 2.5, an easy to learn language based on BASIC
- Interpreter chip is preprogrammed with the BASIC Stamp 2 Interpreter firmware
- Processor Speed: 20 MHz; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package Type: 28-pin SSOP
- I/O pins: 16
- Voltage requirements: 2.5 to 5.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 3 mA Run, 50 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 0.402 x 0.309 x 0.073 in (10.20 x 7.85 x 1.85 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)