Build your own BASIC Stamp 2 with this through-hole (DIP) interpreter chip and other standard parts. All the control and ease of programming that you have grown to appreciate in the BASIC Stamp 2 module (#BS2-IC) is available with this chip and a few other components. Recommended for high volume applications, the BASIC Stamp 2 interpreter chip can be used on your own PCB as an OEM solution.
The three main components needed to build your own BASIC Stamp 2 are: 1) this PBASIC Interpreter Chip, 2) an EEPROM, 3) and a resonator; see Related Products.
We also offer the interpreter chip in a surface mount package (#PBASIC2CI/SS).
This interpreter chip (PBASIC2/P) is the replacement for the former interpreter chip (PBASIC2C/P). No firmware changes or electrical changes are required in designs using this part as opposed to the previous part; they are fully compatible with each other.
- Small footprint for OEM PCB design
- Easily replaceable if socketed into PCB
- Completed circuit is programmed in PBASIC 2.0 and 2.5, an easy to learn language based on BASIC
- Interpreter chip is preprogrammed with the BASIC Stamp 2 Interpreter firmware
- Processor Speed: 20 MHz; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package Type: 28-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 16
- Voltage requirements: 2.5 to 5.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 3 mA Run, 50 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 1.430 x 0.600 x 0.150 in (36.32 x 15.24 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)