It’s amazing what you can accomplish with this proven microcontroller and its simple PBASIC 1 language. All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS1’s tiny PCB; just connect power and go! The BASIC Stamp® 1 (BS1-IC) is an ideal fit for applications that don’t require the extra speed, I/O, and memory of the BASIC Stamp 2 series of microcontrollers.
Projects needing prototyping areas for circuitry may benefit from the BASIC Stamp 1 Project Board or Super Carrier Board. For lower-cost OEM solutions, the processor (PBASIC1 interpreter) and other components are available for integration into your PCB.
For customers that require a more powerful microcontroller, we highly recommend the BASIC Stamp 2 series controllers. If true multi-processing is what is needed for your project or applications, then the Propeller microcontroller is the best option.
- Small form factor fits into tight places
- Nonvolatile memory holds up to 80 instructions even without power
- BASIC commands are easy to learn and remember
- Industrial rated
- PCB assembled, programmed, tested, and completed in Rocklin, California, USA
- Processor Speed: 4 MHz; ~2,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package: 14-pin SIP
- I/O pins: 8
- Voltage requirements: 5.5 to 15 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Current requirements: 1 mA Run, 25 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 1.41 x 0.40 x 0.15 in (35.8 x 10.2 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Need more information on the BASIC Stamp? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions about the BASIC Stamp.