Eye protection is always a good idea when soldering, clipping component leads, prototyping circuits, and working with motorized projects or power tools. We chose this crystal-clear version made by 3M for our Soldering Kit and ELEV-8 Quadcopter kits, and they have proven to be very durable (ask us how we know). We recommend a pair for your toolbox, a pair for your workbench, and a few spares for visitors to your workshop.
NOTE: For best results, actually put them on. Through extensive testing, we determined that Safety Eyewear cannot protect one’s eyes if they are in a backpack, back pocket, the seat of a car, or on one’s head keeping the hair out of one’s eyes.
- Frameless design that we think looks great on everyone
- Lightweight polycarbonate
- Clear uncoated lens and temple pieces
- High wrap-around coverage
- Comfortable, contoured fit
- Meets the High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2003
- Much cheaper than a trip to the emergency room