The PowerPal is a high-current power supply with a selectable voltage output for your breadboard projects. It’s perfect with the FLiP Multicore Microcontroller, where relying on USB power limits your project to a few hundred mA (enough for LEDs and perhaps a sensor or two). The PowerPal opens up your opportunities to control motors, larger displays and multiple sensors.
This product carries the core attributes provided by Parallax: Made in the USA, a reliable quality design, and a consistently available supply you can count on for years ahead. Many of our customers have stumbled around with the imported breadboard power supplies, only to find some of them may not work and are not available for subsequent purchase.
For power input, we suggest a 7.5 V/1.6A or a 12V/2A wall-mount power supply for stationary projects. A 4AA or 5 AA battery pack is ideal for portable projects, or when you want to power the breadboard with 5V and power a servo off of VIN.
- Rotary switch for user-selectable voltage output choices: 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 7.5 V
- VIN access header pins for powering a servo or other device separately
- 3 Amp continuous load switching power supply with 4 Amp peak surge rating is ideal for servo motors
- Barrel Jack or 0.1 inch pitch headers for 5-16 VDC input
- Through-hole pads for optional On/Off switch leads
- Green power-status LED
- Over-current and over-voltage protection
- Over-temperature and short-circuit protection
- Voltage input requirements: +5 to +16 VDC
- Voltage output selectable by user: 3.3V, 5V, 6V, or 7.5V
- Voltage output tolerance: Typically 2% at a 2A load, 3% at a 4A peak load
- Current rating: constant load 3 A; absolute peak 4 A
- Nominal switching frequency: 770 KHz
- Efficiency: up to 95%
- Operating temperature: -13 to +185 °F (-25 to +85 °C)
- Dimensions: PCB 1.5 x 1 inch (39 x 24 mm); 0.1 inch (2.6 mm) mounting hole