The Quad-Bearing Gimbal Joystick is a high-quality, two-axis human input device. It is useful for sending continuously-variable settings, such as position, direction, or throttle values to a connected microcontroller.
The joystick has a spring return on one axis to keep it centered, and detents on the other to hold its position. The detent strength and shaft length are adjustable, for a customized action and feel. It interfaces readily with analog-to-digital converters as well as simple RC timing circuits. The included adapter kit provides a connection option to breadboards or thru-hole boards with 0.1" spacing (simple soldering required).
- 5 k-ohm linear-taper potentiometer on each axis provides even resistance transitions without skips
- Ball-bearing action on both axes make for silky-smooth, jitter-free operation
- Selectable spring return-to-center on vertical axis for rudder-type or throttle-type inputs
- Selectable detents and/or friction on vertical axis to hold joystick in place when not being manually held
- Game controller
- Remote control for robotics
- Manual control for interactive displays
Note: Simple soldering is required to assemble the optional adapter board.
- Power Requirements: Passive device; will work with any low-voltage supply
- Interface: Resistive or voltage divider output
- Dimensions: 2.7 x 2.3 x 2.4 in (6.7 x 5.9 x 6.21 cm)
- (1) Gimbal Joystick
- (2) 3-pin headers
- (1) 1.5 mm 6-connector socket
- (1) Adapter board PCB
Gimbal Joystick Mount Plate Files - 21.06 KB | updated: 11 Mar 2016 - 10:37 am
Gimbal Joystick with Adapter Product Guide - 428.58 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 11:05 am
Gimbal Joystick BASIC Stamp Code - 266 bytes | updated: 26 Nov 2013 - 1:18 pm
Gimbal Joystick Example Spin Code - 37.18 KB | updated: 26 Nov 2013 - 1:16 pm