This is the official Propeller C Tutorials programming software for Mac. It is also available for Windows and may be compiled from source for Linux and Raspberry Pi. Follow the Set Up SimpleIDE - Mac tutorial to get started.
Notice for School Information Technology Staff
No approval is required from Parallax to install the SimpleIDE software on your institution's computers. In fact, this is the intended audience for SimpleIDE. Like many modern software programs, SimpleIDE (propside) and the Propeller GCC compiler for the P8X32A multicore microcontroller (propgcc) are Parallax open-source initiatives. Parallax maintains an official distribution branch of the project to be released as Parallax approved software on this website, the projects are posted on GitHub. Parallax strives to keep the features and functions of this distribution of SimpleIDE in line with the needs of educational institutions to provide a consistent and trustworthy user experience. Please feel free to contact our Educational Team if you need any further verification on the subject.
The C libraries for the Propeller C Tutorial program are offered under the MIT License.
|File Name||Size||Upload Date|
|Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg||71.8 MB||Mon, 2017-01-30 15:10|
|Simple-IDE_1-0-2-RC2_MacOS.pkg||69.68 MB||Wed, 2016-02-17 10:16|
Download Version & Details
Supports Mac OSX 10.10 or newer. For instructions on installing the software and updating the Learn folder of libraries and example programs, see the the Set Up SimpleIDE - Mac tutorial.
- Replaced loader subsystem (Propeller-Load) with new loader subsystem (PropLoader).
- Added wireless (Wi-Fi) support for programming and debugging via Parallax Wi-Fi Module (#32420). Wireless Propellers appear in port field when available. Use Tools > Rename Port to give Wi-Fi module a friendly name.
- Enhanced download speed (by 6x) for both wired (USB) and wireless (Wi-Fi) connections (requires on-board 5 MHz crystal).
- Mac installer now includes FTDI Driver and requires system restart as needed for proper FTDI driver operation.
- Mac installer replaces configuration when updating from previously installed SimpleIDE.
- Adjusted terminal to wrap to page by default.
- Improved terminal performance.
- Fixed Find/Replace so as not to miss the first character of the search term it finds.
- Enhanced to set focus to editor after closing Find/Replace dialog to enable quicker manual replacements.
- Increased contrast on "found" item (in Find/Replace operations).
- Allows .spin object to be added to projects for library creation.
- Simplified memory model list to exclude XMM. Users may manually run old Propeller-Load command-line tool to download XMM applications.
Version 1.0 RC2
Supports Mac OSX 10.6 or newer. IMPORTANT: Download and install the driver for your OSX from FTDI's VCP Drivers Page. For instructions on installing the software and updating the Learn folder of libraries and example programs, see the the Set Up SimpleIDE - Mac tutorial.