Turn your Parallax robot into mini-tank with the Tank Tread add-on kit! Custom-made clear acrylic side panels mount to your robot’s aluminum chassis, and hold sets of small rollers for the rubber treads. A toothed gear replaces your robot’s usual wheels, to drive the treads.
- Compatible with the Boe-Bot, Shield-Bot, ActivityBot, and cyber:bot robot kits.
- Turns your robot into tank that can traverse rugged terrain.
- Includes standoffs that protect components in case of a roll-over.
- Treads and higher ground clearance goes over objects that wheels cannot.
NOTE: Robot not included!
- 2 – Clear acrylic tank side panels
- 1 – Tank wheel and tread set (pre-drilled)
- 8 – 4-40, 1/4″ pan head screw
- 8 – 4-40, 3/8″ pan head screw
- 8 – 4-40, 7/8″ pan head screw
- 2 – 4-40, 1.5″ pan head screw
- 10 – #4 lock washers
- 24 – 4-40, zinc plated nut
- 2 – 1.25″ aluminum standoff
- 2 – Servo horns
- 1 – Documentation
Note that the Tank Treads are not compatible with external encoders that a robots’ spoked wheels. See the Tank Tread Product Guide for details and programming tips, plus notes about using the Tank Treads with other Robot Accessories.