Discontinued. Solid-state eTape sensors make it easier to monitor the height of fluids — liquid or a fine powder — in a container. Placed vertically in a container, eTape senses the hydrostatic pressure applied by the fluid to the portion of the sensor that is submerged.
eTape sensors output a value in a continuous range corresponding to the fluid level along the entire length of the sensor, ideal where a single-point fluid level detection is not enough. The slim, low-profile sensor has no moving parts and fits unobtrusively where there may not be enough room for mechanical float devices.
eTape Liquid Level Sensors produce a variable resistance output. If your application is more suited to monitoring a voltage output, you may want to use the sensor with the optional eTape 0-5VDC Linear Resistance to Voltage Module.
- Rated for use with non-corrosive, non-edible fluids
- Crimpflex male pins easily connect to microcontroller projects
- Reference resistor pins allow for optional temperature compensation
- Protected vent hole to equilibrate with atmospheric pressure
- Evaporation rate monitor
- Aquatic projects
- Industrial mixing control systems
Note: The Standard eTape Liquid Level Sensors are designed for measuring non-corrosive, non-edible fluids. See the related Chemical eTape Liquid Level sensors for chemical, petroleum, and food-safe applications.
- Active sensor length: 12.4 in (315 mm)
- Actuation depth: 1 in (25.4 mm)
- Output: variable resistance, 400-2000 ohms +/-20-%
- Resistance gradient: 150 ohms/inch (60 ohms/cm)
- Reference Resistance: 2000 ohms +/-20-%
- Resolution : < 0.01 in (0.25 mm)
- Power rating: 0.5 watts (VMax = 10 V)
- Operating temperature range: 15 to 150 °F (-9 to +65 °C)
- Overall dimensions: 14.2 x 1.0 x 0.015 in (361 x 25.4 x 0.38 mm)