Turn your Parallax robot into mini-tank with the Tank Tread add-on kit! Custom-made clear acrylic side panels mount to your robot's aluminum chassis, and hold sets of small rollers for the rubber treads. A toothed gear replaces your robot's usual wheels, to drive the treads.
- Compatible with the Boe-Bot, Shield-Bot, and ActivityBot robot kits.
- Turns your robot into tank that can traverse rugged terrain.
- Includes standoffs that protect components in case of a roll-over.
- Treads and higher ground clearance goes over objects that wheels cannot.
NOTE: Robot not included!
- 2 - Clear acrylic tank side panels
- 1 - Tank wheel and tread set (pre-drilled)
- 8 - 4-40, 1/4" pan head screw
- 8 - 4-40, 3/8" pan head screw
- 8 - 4-40, 7/8" pan head screw
- 2 - 4-40, 1.5" pan head screw
- 10 - #4 lock washers
- 24 - 4-40, zinc plated nut
- 2 - 1.25" aluminum standoff
- 2 - Servo horns
- 1 - Documentation
Note that the Tank Treads are not compatible with the Boe-Bot or ActivityBot encoders, since the encoders rely on the robots' original spoked wheels. See the Tank Tread Product Guide for details and programming tips, plus notes about using the Tank Treads with other Robot Accessories.
Tank Tread Kit Documentation - 471 KB | updated: 05 Mar 2014 - 10:06 am
Tank Tread Kit with IR Tilt Sensors - 146.42 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 8:42 pm
Advanced Tank Tread BASIC Stamp Demo Code - 1.5 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 8:43 pm
Robotics with the Boe-Bot Text - 4.35 MB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 3:23 pm