Build your own BASIC Stamp 1 with this surface mount (SSOP) interpreter chip and other standard parts. All the control and ease of programming that you have grown to appreciate in the BASIC Stamp 1 module (#BS1-IC) is available with this chip and a few other components. Recommended for high volume applications or those with limited PCB real estate, the BASIC Stamp 1 interpreter chip can be used on your own PCB as an OEM solution.
The three main components needed to build your own BASIC Stamp 1 are: 1) this PBASIC Interpreter Chip, 2) an EEPROM, 3) and a resonator; see Related Products.
We also offer the interpreter in a through-hole package (#PBASIC1/P).
- Small footprint for OEM PCB design
- Completed circuit is programmed in PBASIC 1.0, an easy to learn language based on BASIC
- Interpreter chip is preprogrammed with the BASIC Stamp 1 Interpreter firmware
Note: The 20-pin SSOP package of this chip has a different pinout than the 18-pin DIP package; pay close attention to the package shown in schematics and refer to Microchip datasheet for PIC16C56A for pinout information.
- Processor Speed: 4 MHz; ~2,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package Type: 20-pin SSOP
- I/O pins: 8
- Voltage requirements: 2.5 to 5.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 1 mA Run, 25 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 0.284 x 0.309 x 0.073 in (7.20 x 7.85 x 1.85 mm
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
BASIC Stamp Manual - 5.2 MB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 2:06 pm
BASIC Stamp 1 is Back Article - 150.77 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 12:12 pm
BASIC Stamp 1 Application Notes - 516.2 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 12:09 pm
BASIC Stamp Editor Software for Windows - 20.75 MB | updated: 17 Aug 2018 - 11:15 am