The Environmental Add-On Kit provides students with the components to shape electronic solutions for real-world environmental problems. This kit requires the Electronics Base Kit and is ideal for Henry Ford Invention Convention participants in the grades 6-8 and 9-12 categories.
Invention themes around the Environmental Add-On Kit are plants and farming, environmental conditions (water, air, soil) and color (of fruit, recyclables). The types of sensors in this kit measure these parameters while 96×64 color OLED display is included to show the values (as text and values, bar graphs).
This kit maybe combined with the Mechanical Add-On Kit to provide motion-control for environmental inventions. For example, light levels, temperature, and soil moisture conditions may be modified by changing the localized environment in a mini greenhouse by adjusting air flow or watering.
The programming environment for the Invention Kit Series is BlocklyProp. BlocklyProp is a well-documented visual programming language based on Google’s open-source Blockly. After using the Electronics Base Kit with the Mechanical Add-On Kit students will have the ability to envision new solutions using a wide variety of sensors and devices supported in BlocklyProp simply by looking at the BlocklyProp Reference.
- Moisture and liquid level sensors for insertion directly into potted plants, soil, or wet environments
- UV light and color sensors for characterizing the physical attributes of what we see
- Temperature & humidity sensor for characterizing physical attributes we don’t see!
- Color OLED display for displaying the data to humans
- Create an optimal micro-farming system with hydroponics or soil
- Measure UV light, temperature and humidity to create a smart-watering system
- Characterize recyclables, fruit or plants by color to automate a process
- (1) Moisture Sensor Probe (#28092)
- (1) UV Light Sensor (#28091)
- (1) Mini Liquid level Sensor (#28090)
- (1) ColorPal Color Sensor (#28380)
- (1) CM2302 Temp/Humidity (#28059)
- (1) OLED Display (#28087)
- (2) MCP3002 A/D Converter (#603-00039)
- (4) 3-pin Headers (#451-00303)
- (4) Extension cables, 16″ (#800-00160)
- (1) Ribbon Cable FM 200 mm (#800-00064)
Note: Parts and quantities subject to change without notice. For use with the Inventing Electronics Base Kit (#32000) not included.