The NICERC Boe-Bot robot kit is used in NICERC’s Cyber Literacy, Cyber Literacy 2, Cyber Science, Physics, and Advanced Math curricula. This kit is designed for use with NICERC curricula. Professional development training is available to K-12 educators seeking to implement the kit. Learn more at nicerc.org/pd.
A fully hands-on robotics kit provides students opportunities to create meaningful projects. The Boe-Bot robot is a great learning platform for exploring the world of cyber, electronics, and entry-level PBASIC programming.
Compatible with these NICERC Supply Kits:
- NICERC Cyber Literacy Supply Kit
- NICERC Cyber Literacy 2 Supply Kit
- NICERC Cyber Science Supply Kit
- NICERC Physics Supply Kit
- NICERC Advanced Math Supply Kit
Please see the NICERC curricula (offsite) more information.
- Board of Education development board with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller (#28803)
- Durable brushed-aluminum chassis with mounting holes for servos and accessories (#700-00022)
- Parallax continuous rotation servos for the drive wheels (#900-00008)
- Sensors including whisker-switches, phototransistors, and infrared emitter/receiver pairs
- LEDs and a piezospeaker for audio and visual feedback
- All the resistors, capacitors, and jumper wires needed to build the circuits
- All the screws, nuts, and other hardware needed to build the Boe-Bot
- Parallax #1 Phillips/flathead screwdriver
- USB to Serial Adapter and USB A to Mini-B cable to connect the Boe-Bot to a Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook computer for programming
Note: Requires four 1.5 V AA batteries, not included.