Want to power your Propeller project via USB, directly from an outlet? This 5 Volt 550 mA USB Power Supply provides power to USB devices that support the USB Battery Charging Specification. Just connect your board to this power supply with a USB A to Mini B cable (#805-00006), then plug it into an outlet.
- Provides power to compatible products without using a computer
- Can deliver a little bit more current than the maximum a USB 2.0 port supplies
- Allows for product designs that use a single connection for both data and power
Compatible Parallax Boards:
Note: It also works with the P8X32A QuickStart Board Rev A when the /USB_Power_Enable line is driven low.
- Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz, 100 mA
- Output: 5 VDC, 550 mA
- Plug type: Non-polarized, NEMA 1-15P
- Case Dimensions: 1.6 x 1.7 x 0.8 in (4 x 4.3 x 2.1 cm)
Connect devices to the USB power supply the same way they would connect to a USB port on a computer; connect the 'A' end of a USB A to Mini B cable to the power supply, and connect the 'Mini B' end to a device in need of power. If the device supports the USB Battery Charging Specification, it will detect the supply and power on.
Note: The power supply works with most Parallax products that use the FT231X USB to serial converter. Some USB devices are not compliant with the USB Battery Charging Specification and therefore may not work with this power supply.