Build of 120 units is underway. This limited edition, 16 MB HyperRAM + 32 MB HyperFlash add-on board is designed specifically for use with the also-limited edition Propeller 2 ES Evaluation Board (#64000-ES).
This accessory board features dual 2x6 pass-through sockets that stack on top of two P2-ES Eval Board I/O Pin Breakout Edge Headers, as shown above. For experimentation with memory capabilities, up to four add-on boards could be installed; one on each side of the P2-ES Eval Board.
The P2-ES Eval Board HyperRAM & HyperFlash Add-on PCB comes fully assembled with surface-mount 16 MB HyperRAM and 32 MB HyperFlash, but supports all combinations of currently available hyper memory for users who prefer to change the memory configuration (de-soldering/re-soldering required) or to make their own from the open-source design files.
- Dual hyper memory PCB populated with 16 MB HyperRAM and 32 MB HyperFlash
- Dual 2x6-pin 0.1” passthough headers connect directly to P2-ES Eval Board
- Optional hyper memory pins available on 0.1” pads for user configuration
- PCB supports all combinations of hyper memory modules: 2x HyperRAM, 2x HyperFlash, 2x Dual-HyperRAM/Flash, or 1x HyperRAM with 1x HyperFlash (as sold)
NOTE: P2-ES Eval Board required, not included.
- RAM: 16 MB / 128 Mb (16 Mb x 8) Parallel PSRAM
- Flash: 32 MB / 256 Mb (32 Mb x 8) Parallel NOR Flash
- Voltage : +3.3 VDC (supplied by P2-ES Eval Board I/O LDO regulator)
- Maximum clock rate : 100 MHz (200 MB/s) at 3.0 Vcc
- RAM current: 60 mA peak burst, 600 µA standby (CS# = High)
- Flash current: 100 mA peak burst, 25 µA standby (CS# = High)
- Flash Endurance: 100,000 program/erase cycles
- Flash Retention : 20-year data retention
- Form factor: dual 2x6-pin female passthrough headers with 0.1" spacing
- Mounting hole: hole 2.5 mm (100 mil), pad ring 4.5 mm (180 mil) connected to GND
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +185 °F (-40° to +85° C)
- PCB dimensions: 1.0 x 1.9 in (25.4 x 48.3 mm)