The BASIC Stamp HomeWork Board is ideal for learning circuits, electronics, and microcontroller programming. The solderless breadboard makes it easy to connect 5 V compatible sensors, displays, LEDs, and other electronic components to create your own inventions.
Program in PBASIC, which is very easy to read and learn. It is an ideal "first-time" programming language, with many built-in commands that simplify interfacing to other devices. To get started, just download the free BASIC Stamp Editor software, and click the Getting Started with Stamps in Class link in the Help file.
The HomeWork Board is featured in our "What's a Microcontroller?" text (a free download) and BASIC Stamp Activity Kit.
- Surface-mount BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller
- Onboard reset button and program activity LED
- Solderless breadboard for building circuits
- I/O pin, power and ground headers brought alongside breadboard
- Built-in 220 Ω series resistors help protect the BASIC Stamp I/O pins from mis-wiring
- 500 mA voltage regulator for projects
- Program via a USB A to Mini B CableUSB Mini-B connector with built-in RS-232 serial converter
- Battery clip for 9 V alkaline or rechargeable battery
- Affordable STEM program equipment for a classroom, troop, or club
- Science fair project platform
- Quickly build a prototype
- An inexpensive node in a BASIC Stamp network
- Power requirements: 9 V battery
- Communication: USB mini-B to onboard USB to RS-232 converter
- Dimensions: 3.05 x 4 in (7.75 x 10.16 cm)
- Operating temp range: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
Parallax IDE for Chrome - 408.54 KB | updated: 21 Nov 2016 - 12:43 pm
HomeWork Board USB Schematic - 83.11 KB | updated: 10 Feb 2014 - 4:31 pm
HomeWork Board USB Product Guide - 127.96 KB | updated: 27 Sep 2012 - 5:18 pm
BASIC Stamp Editor Software for Windows - 18.4 MB | updated: 02 Jul 2014 - 1:58 pm