The Human Interface Board brings advanced functionality to the QuickStart development platform. The Human Interface Board stacks directly on top of the QuickStart development platform, creating a minimal footprint for both boards.
With multiple audio and video outputs and keyboard or mouse inputs, as well as a microSD card socket, the Human Interface Board can add an interactive interface to any project. Where applicable, the Human Interface Board uses the same I/O pin assignments as the Propeller Demo Board peripherals.
Like the QuickStart development platform, the Human Interface Board is an open-source hardware design, so all design files—including layout, schematics, and firmware—are available under licenses that allow free distribution and reuse. The Human Interface Board's design can be incorporated into new applications royalty free and without a non-disclosure agreement.
- Multiple audio and video outputs for application flexibility
- Two PS/2 ports for either two keyboards, two mice, or a mix with one keyboard and one mouse
- Infrared transceiver for remote control and communications
- Expandable storage for up to 32 GB of data storage and retrieval
- Control system kiosk
- Embedded video game system
- MicroSD card socket on Propeller I/O pins P0 through P3
- Auxiliary I/O pin socket with access to V[DD], V[3.3], and V[SS]
- Infrared transmitter directly controlled by Propeller I/O pin P9
- Infrared receiver with 38 kHz demodulator outputs to Propeller I/O pin P9, active low
- Filtered line-level stereo audio output from Propeller I/O pins P10 and P11 on a 1/8" TRRS connector compatible with /8" TRS headphone connectors
- Filtered baseband line-level video output for NTSC or PAL signals from Propeller I/O pins P12 throuh P15 on the same TRRS connector as the stereo audio
- Buffered and filtered VGA output, from Propeller I/O pins P16 through P23, capable of resolutions up to 1900 x 1200
- Buffered LEDs monitor Propeller I/O pins P16 through P23
- Dual PS/2 inputs; one connected to Propeller I/O pins P24 and P25 and the other connected to Propeller I/O pins P26 and P27
- 2.1 mm ID, 5.5 mm OD barrel-jack power connector
- Power Requirements: 3.0 to 3.6 or 6 to 12 VDC, 55 mA typical when idle
- Communication Interface: QuickStart header, VGA, PS/2, line-level A/V, 38 kHz Infrared carrier
- Operating temperature: -13 to +185 °F (-25 to +85 °C)
- Dimensions: 2 x 3.2 x 0.9 in (51 x 81 x 23 mm)
- Human Interface Board
- (4) Nylon pan-head M3 screws
- (4) Nylon M3 hex standoffs
- (4) Nylon M3 nuts
Note: The Human Interface Board requires a Propeller QuickStart, part number 40000.
Human Interface Board Documentation (ODT) - 1.9 MB | updated: 11 Dec 2012 - 3:54 pm
Human Interface Board Schematic - 208.43 KB | updated: 21 Nov 2013 - 8:23 am
Human Interface Board Layout - 337.87 KB | updated: 11 Dec 2012 - 2:43 pm
Human Interface Board Schematic and Layout - 269.96 KB | updated: 21 Nov 2013 - 8:20 am
Human Interface Board Documentation - 459.06 KB | updated: 05 Dec 2016 - 12:03 pm