Discontinued, replaced with the Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912).
The form of the original Board of Education meets the powerful function of the multicore Propeller microcontroller. A built-in set of peripherals makes it ready to support an amazing array of projects, prototypes, hands-on activities, and kits. The Propeller Board of Education is ideal for learning the basics of electronics, programming and robotics. It also simplifies advanced applications that require RF-linked communication, audio/ visual peripherals, and gigs of SD memory.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Built-in Propeller microcontroller, 64 KB EEPROM and 5 MHz crystal oscillator.
- Breadboard, sockets for power and I/O access, and six servo ports with power-select jumpers for easy prototyping
- Automatically selects between USB and external power sources and provides USB over-current protection
- 9 V battery and center-positive 2.1 mm power connectors offer two external power options
- Convenient reset button and 3-position power switch
- Onboard Mini stereo-audio jack, electret microphone, and VGA port for audio/visual projects
- Built-in MicroSD card and XBee wireless module sockets simplify advanced applications
- Dedicated analog header sockets provide three 10-bit inputs and two buffered variable-resolution outputs
- 2x10 header for connecting I/O pins to VGA, XBee, Propeller clock and reset, USB serial flow control, and up to 10 LEDs
- Indicator lights for system power, servo power, eight color-coded VGA channels, two analog output level, XBee TX/RX, and USB TX/RX
- SEPIC 5 V switching regulator can deliver up to 3 A across the commercial temperature range
- Linear 3.3 V regulator can deliver up to 460 mA at room temperature
- Power requirements: 4–16 VDC
- Communication: USB for programming
- Dimensions: 4.375 x 3.05 x 0.625 in (11.11 x 7.75 x 1.59 cm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Compatible with these accessories, sold separately:
Note: The Propeller BOE is designed and manufactured in Rocklin, California using precision equipment, a skilled and caring team with the highest quality components. To back our commitment to this high-quality product, Parallax provides a Lifetime Warranty on your Propeller BOE for as long as we manufacture the product.
Robotics with the Propeller Boe-Bot - 4.1 MB | updated: 20 Jul 2016 - 1:17 pm
Propeller Tool Software for Windows (Spin & Assembly) - 19.69 MB | updated: 08 Oct 2012 - 3:42 pm
Propeller Board of Education Design Files - 1.43 MB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 10:22 pm
Propeller Board of Education Bill of Material - 70.19 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 10:20 pm
Propeller Board of Education Schematic - 1.14 MB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 10:18 pm
Propeller Board of Education Product Guide - 568.33 KB | updated: 29 May 2014 - 12:43 pm