Note to customers: if you purchase a Parallaxy for yourself or as a gift, it is important to know that you'll be putting this robot on the internet for others to access. Depending on the environment in which you place your Parallaxy, you could be inviting an invasion of your privacy since the robots have microphones, text to speech, and video capability. For this reason, many Let's Robot builders install their Parallaxy robots in controlled environments - closed spaces with items of environmental interest for the robot users, like balls, balloons, walls or windows (but not people). We encourage you to be a responsible roboticist and protect the privacy of yourself and others.
Parallaxy is the first ever kit designed exclusively for internet control and livestreaming on the letsrobot.tv platform. Get yours now and join Let’s Robot CEO Jillian Ogle with Make Magazine for a live tutorial on 9/27!
Parallaxy’s hardware includes everything you need to bring a robot online with open source software provided by Let’s Robot. You’ll build the ActivityBot 360°, and add the Raspberry Pi, power system, Logitech webcam, and speaker, wire it all up and load the firmware to interact with the software and have complete IoT-ready robot done within a day! Everything electrical plugs together - no soldering required.
Parallaxy is really a modified ActivityBot 360° but with room for expansion - your customizations and modifications are welcome additions to the chassis. To learn more what this is all about, visit letsrobot.tv and take a few other user’s robots for a test drive. You’ll encounter cats, interact with humans, play with toys, ramps and environments that are built exclusively for robots around the world.
Let’s Robot’s technology has applications well beyond small web-controlled robots. Applications in the future could include navigating museums, touring real estate, or professional telepresence.
- Designed for the letsrobot.tv open telepresence platform
- Propeller microcontroller and Raspberry Pi firmware are provided (see Additional Resources tab)
- ActivityBot 360° robot with Feedback 360° servos manages the motor control system
- Raspberry Pi 3 B+ handles webcam, speaker, and WiFi connection - just plug them into its USB ports
- All parts of the system are accessible even after assembly, and ready to accessorize
- Computer science classroom projects and virtual field trips
- Web controlled interactive games
- Mobile pet cam
- Telepresence with family and friends
SHIPPING: Products with lithium batteries are shipped via UPS only; restrictions apply by country; see details.
- Voltage requirements: 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 3 A
- Communication: WiFi via Raspberry Pi
- Dimensions assembled: 8.6" diameter, 6.5" tall
- Weight assembled: 2.2 lbs
- (1) - ActivityBot 360° Robot Kit, unboxed (#32600)
- (1) - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (#32343)
- (1) - C920 Logitech webcam with mic (#30026)
- (1) - USB Speaker (#900-00027)
- (1) - Battery brick with charger and cables, 12 V DC/5V USB (#752-32800)
- (1) - Parallaxy Robot Bottom Plate, laser-cut Delrin (#721-32800)
- (1) - Parallaxy Robot Top Plate, laser-cut acrylic (#721-32801)
- (4) - 1.25” #4-40 round aluminum standoff (#713-00002)
- (4) - 1.25” #4 round aluminum spacer (#713-00003)
- (4) - 5/8” #4-40 round aluminum standoff (#713-00001)
- (2) - Universal “L” bracket, aluminum (720-00011)
- (4) - 3/8” Screw, #4-40, pan-head, stainless steel (#700-00002)
- (4) - 1/4” Screw, #4-40, pan-head, stainless steel (#700-00028)
- (4) - 1.75” Screw, #4-40, pan-head, stainless steel (#710-00041)
- (2) - 1/2” Screw, #4-40, pan-head, Nylon (#710-00050)
- (4) - 3/8” Screw, #1/4-20, pan-head, black Nylon (#710-00051)
- (1) - Spacer, .060” Delrin (#713-00027)
- (1) - USB A to microB cable, 1 ft (#805-00018)
- (15) - Zip ties, black, 5.9 inches (#32600)