This hardware conversion kit turns a BASIC Stamp Boe-Bot or a Shield-Bot for Arduino into a Python-programmable cyber:bot.
The cyber:bot robot adds a tangible hardware dimension to Python-focused computer science and CTE programs. The cyber:bot robot merges a micro:bit module with the Parallax small robot form factor that's a proven STEM success in classrooms from middle school into college. An onboard Propeller multicore microcontroller assists the micro:bit, handling servo motor control and interaction with breadboard-built circuits for robust projects that go beyond what the micro:bit can do on its own.
The cyber:bot robot is a joint project of Parallax Inc. and NICERC, the National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center.
- Python-programmable with Mu software or online MicroPython editor
- cyber:bot board neatly connects the micro:bit to the Propeller Multicore Microcontroller and robot hardware
- Propeller multicore microcontroller pre-programmed with cyber:bot firmware manages sensors and servo motor control
- Build DIY sensor circuits on the breadboard that use touch, visible light, and infrared light
- Free online tutorials and educator resources - See the cyber:bot Tutorial Series
Requires 5 AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries or 5 1.2 V nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries, not included. Assembly required, no soldering necessary.
This is not a complete robot kit! To use this kit, you will need to use an existing assembed Boe-Bot or Shield-Bot robot, not included, and follow the instructions to Convert to a cyber:bot
- (1) micro:bit module (#32703*)
- (1) cyber:bot board (#32702)
- (1) 5AA Battery Holder, Barrel Jack (#753-00007)
- (1) USB A to Micro B Cable (#805-00016)
- Nuts and screws set to hold boards together
Scope & sequence for cyber:bot robot with micro:bit - 90.87 KB | updated: 07 Oct 2019 - 4:50 pm
cyberbot library (Python) - 425.06 KB | updated: 03 Apr 2019 - 1:38 pm
cyber:bot Board Product Guide - 585.44 KB | updated: 28 Feb 2019 - 2:02 pm
Webinar - cyber:bot for micro:bit Preview - 6.1 MB | updated: 24 Jan 2019 - 4:49 pm