Does your transmitter/receiver lack telemetry features? No problem! We have a solution to let your ground crew receive live telemetry data during flight. The ELEV-8 900 MHz Telemetry Kit creates a wireless link between your ELEV-8 v3 quadcopter and a computer running the Parallax GroundStation software. XBee modules and antennas from Digi provide a robust 900 MHz link that will not interfere with your 2.4 GHz RC transmitter/receiver pair, yet will operate over a similar range.
Follow our online tutorial ELEV-8 v3 Wireless Telemetry via XBee to get started.
For students, viewing live sensor data along with altitude, heading, orientation, and motor output helps them grasp the dynamics of flight and the functions of the ELEV-8 v3 as a system. Researchers can modify the open-source ELEV-8 Flight Controller firmware and GroundStation software to use this telemetry system for monitoring custom sensor data or analyzing the effects of system modifications.
NOTE: ELEV-8 v3 Quadcopter required, not included! When using the Telemetry Kit during flight, assign a person to be the GroundStation Monitor for your crew while the Pilot and Spotter keep their eyes on the quadcopter!
- (1) - XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400)
- (2) - Digi 900 MHz RPSMA Antenna, Female (A09-HASM-675) (#32410)
- (2) - XBee-PRO 900HP SB3 DigiMesh Module (#32411)
- (4) - Zip Tie, Thin 5.9", Black (#700-00099)
- (1) - 6" RPSMA F/M Extension Cable (#800-32410)
- (1) - USB A to Mini B Cable, 6' (#805-00006)