XBee-PRO 900HP embedded modules provide best-in-class range wireless connectivity to devices. They take advantage of the DigiMesh® networking protocol, featuring dense network operation and support for sleeping routers. Range is up to 9 miles with a dipole antenna (#32410) and up to 28 miles using a high-gain antenna (not sold by Parallax).
With a data rate of up to 200 Kbps, these modules are ideal for extended-range applications requiring increased data throughput. The XBee-PRO 900HP requires no programming and can be configured easily using Digi’s free X-CTU software or via a simplified AT command set. XBee modules are pre-certified for use in multiple countries, further reducing development costs and time to market.
XBee® modules are easy to use, share a common hardware footprint and are available in a variety of different protocols, enabling users to substitute one XBee for another with minimal development time and risk.
- Superior outdoor line of sight range up to 28 miles (45 km), 9 miles (14) using a dipole antenna
- Indoor range up to 2000 feet (610 m)
- RF Data rate up to 200 Kbps
- Remote Industrial Control and Monitoring
- Long range remote control
- Wireless data acquisition
Note: Because XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400) so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
- 15 I/O lines
- 4 10-bit analog inputs
- 64 channels available
- 128-bit AES Encryption
- Voltage requirements: 2.1 to 3.6 VDC (reduced performance below 3.0V)
- Current requirements: ~215 mA (transmit), ~29 mA (receive), ~2.5 uA (sleep)
- Communication: CMOS UART, SPI @ ~3.3V
- Dimensions: 1.29" L x 0.96" W x 0.16" H (32.94 x 24.38 x 4.06 mm)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Note: This module requires an antenna with a male RPSMA connector such as Parallax #32410.