NOTE: This product has been replaced by the XB24CAWIT-001, #32417 (read about the XBee product line changes here). Also, while supplies last, consider ordering #32404: XBee 802.15.4 Low-Power Module, PCB Antenna (XB24-API-001).
Digi XBee 802.15.4 modules are the easiest-to-use, most reliable and cost-effective RF devices we’ve experienced. The 802.15.4 XBee modules provide two friendly modes of communication – a simple serial method of transmit/receive or a framed mode providing advanced features. XBees are ready to use out of the package, or they can be configured through the X-CTU utility or from your microcontroller. These modules can communicate point to point, from one point to a PC, or in a mesh network.
You only need to choose an antenna style (PCB or wire) and power level (low-power 1 mW for up to 300 ft, or extended-range 60 mW for up to 1 mile). The PCB antenna version provides a lower profile footprint for applications with limited space while the wire antenna version allows for more flexibility in adjusting for optimal range at the same output power. XBee 802.15.4 modules are cross-compatible with other 802.15.4 XBee modules, regardless of antenna type or power rating.
- Outdoor range up to 300 feet (90 m) line of sight
- Indoor range up to 100 feet (30 m)
- Data rate up to 250 Kbps
- 2.4 GHz frequency band (accepted world-wide)
- Remote Industrial Control and Monitoring
- Long range remote control
- Wireless data acquisition
Note: Because XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400) so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
- Digital I/O lines
- I/O line passing
- Analog-to-digital conversion
- 16 channels
- 128-bit encryption
- Voltage requirements: 2.8 to 3.4 VDC (reduced performance below 3.0V)
- Current requirements: ~45 mA (transmit), ~50 mA (receive), <10 uA (sleep)
- Communication: CMOS UART @ ~3.3V
- Dimensions: 1.08" L x 0.96" W x 0.16" H (27.61 x 24.38 x 4.06 mm)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)